Going Full Liberal
The liberal plan? Get the body count as high as possible to hurt Trump. These people are disgusting.
Last week, the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) confirmed that among the deaths they have counted from coronavirus they included deaths from other causes, such as gunshot injuries.
The Freedom Foundation reported: “In remarks made during a telephonic press briefing, DOH officials even acknowledged knowingly including multiple deaths caused by gunshot wounds in the state’s COVID-19 fatality count.” The Freedom Foundation had reported that of the 828 coronavirus deaths reported by May 8: 681 “list some variation of ‘COVID-19’ in one of the causes of death” on the death certificate; 41 do not list COVID-19 as a cause of death, but indicate it was a “significant condition contributing to death,” and 106 involved persons who had previously tested positive for COVID-19 but did not have the virus listed anywhere on their death certificate as either causing or contributing to death.
The Freedom Foundation stated, “When asked about the Foundation’s report at a press conference Monday, Gov. Jay Inslee dismissed it as ‘dangerous,’ ‘disgusting’ and ‘malarkey.’ He further accused the Freedom Foundation of ‘fanning these conspiracy claims from the planet Pluto’ and not caring about the lives lost to COVID-19.”
Katie Hutchinson, a DOH health statistics manager, acknowledged: We don’t always know the cause of death for a death when it is first reported on our dashboard. That is true. Over the course of the outbreak, we have been monitoring and recording the causes of death as we know it. We currently do have some deaths that are being reported that are clearly from other causes.
Colorado had initially counted deaths of all coronavirus positive persons regardless of cause, but on May 15 Colorado health officials changed how they counted the number of people.
U.S. stocks will end this year around current levels as the coronavirus pandemic cripples the economy and eats into earnings, according to strategists polled by Reuters.
The market has been on a tear in recent weeks, and stocks are up sharply from the March low of their coronavirus-fueled tumble, but the benchmark S&P 500 stock index is still down since the start of the year.
The S&P 500 will end 2020 at 2,950, according to the median forecast of nearly 50 market strategists and fund managers polled by Reuters in the past two weeks. That would represent a 1.4% decline from Tuesday’s close of 2,991.77 and a 8.7% fall from the end of 2019.
Many strategists believe a return to the March lows is unlikely because of the substantial stimulus from the U.S. government and Federal Reserve, but they said there were still plenty of risks to derail the market.
“You just don’t know what the post (pandemic) environment is going to look like, so that creates uncertainty and that makes you apprehensive to stick your neck out. Earnings are a huge gray area,” said Daniel Morgan, vice president and senior portfolio manager at Synovus Trust Company in Atlanta. Morgan sees the S&P 500 ending this year at 2,960.
Several participants expect the second quarter to be the low point for corporate earnings this year.
Forecasts from IBES data from Refinitiv suggest the same. After falling 12.6% in the first quarter from a year ago, earnings for S&P 500 companies are expected to sink 42.7% in the second quarter, to fall 24.9% in the third and 13.1% in the fourth. For 2021, earnings are expected to jump 30.9%.
“Q2 earnings are likely to be the worst, although third quarter earnings may not be much better. Some of this will depend on the effectiveness and adequacy of fiscal stimulus going forward,” said Kristina Hooper, chief global market strategist at Invesco in New York. She forecasts the S&P 500 will end 2020 at 3,100.
The market’s outlook will also depend on the progress in producing a vaccine against the new coronavirus.
“If they have a vaccine and are able to produce it in sufficient quantities for mass vaccinations… That would probably be a game changer, and we’d see markets surge higher rather than grind higher,” said John Praveen, portfolio manager for QMA, the quantitative equity and global multi-asset solutions business of PGIM.
The Trump Update
President Donald Trump on Wednesday warned social media companies to stop silencing conservatives on their platforms or face a stiff penalty.
“Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices,” he wrote. “We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen.”
The president said that despite attempts by tech companies to stop him from winning in 2016, he still won but warned that the companies would try again in 2020.
“We can’t let a more sophisticated version of that happen again,” he wrote.
Trump commented on social media companies after Twitter on Tuesday branded one of his tweets warning about vote-by-mail fraud with a fact check.
“Just like we can’t let large scale Mail-In Ballots take root in our Country. It would be a free for all on cheating, forgery and the theft of Ballots. Whoever cheated the most would win,” Trump wrote. “Likewise, Social Media. Clean up your act, NOW!!!!”
Get your favorite, and now required, Disney mask ready!
Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, announced Wednesday that it plans to reopen its Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom theme parks as early as July 11, but guests will find a host of changes to their “Disney experience.”
According to the Orlando Sentinel, which has catalogued Disney’s woes since the company was forced to shutter its theme parks across the globe back in March, Disney released a plan Wednesday that has some of its parks opening as early as July 11th, just over a month away, with others, including EPCOT and Disney Hollywood Studios, opening some time later, coronavirus permitting.
Disney Springs, a non-theme park attraction at Disney World featuring mostly dining and retail, is already open to visitors.
The Magic Kingdom is Disney World’s central park, but Disney Hollywood Studios, home to the Star Wars-themed “Galaxy’s Edge” attraction, is currently the World’s biggest draw. Disney’s plan allows for the company to make a controlled roll out, implementing anti-virus policies that have worked in Disney parks in Asia (most of which are now fully open), with time to tweak them to serve a largely American consumer base.
Disney World guests will also be required to wear masks, and Disney says it is making no exceptions.
“We have strong language,” Jim McPhee, Senior Vice President of Operations at Walt Disney World, told the Sentinel about Disney’s new face-coverings policy. “They say they are required.”
The parks will also feature “social distancing squads,” “high energy” groups of cast members charged with enforcing strict social distancing. Guests will also be required to make reservations for park entry times, as the parks will be enforcing “attendance limits,” and will have to submit to temperature checks when entering.